Although we can’t be together this Sunday as one big family, we’re still connected by God’s love for us and our love for him and each other! Below is a suggested structure for you to spend time worshipping God and receiving from him today. Please don’t feel like you have to stick to 11am on a Sunday – find a time that will work for you and your family without other distractions.
If you have kids, feel free to swap around or miss out certain parts from other sections. E.g. You might want to do whole family worship with your kids from the ‘Kids’ section and watch the Bible talk at another time when the kids have gone to bed etc.
There are lots of ways you can do this. Here are some options:
- You could sing some worship songs (if with family, be brave and have a go!) There are some songs below you could try this week.
- Find a comfortable position (lying/standing/sitting) and in the silence, reflect on how great God is.
- If you have a Bible or Bible app, you could pick a few psalms of praise to read out aloud. A few to get you started could be: Psalm 8, 23, 65, 111, 100, 121, 146, 150.
- If you love to use your hands, then make something, draw a picture, or write out something that show God how much you love him.
- If you have a garden or can get out at all today, take a walk and thank God for his creation.
This is a playlist of songs, they will automatically play after each other.
At Your Name, King Of Kings, Way Maker & Cornerstone
You can also listen on Spotify here.
Watch this week’s talk and then answer these the questions below.
Suggestion: You could do this by setting up a WhatsApp video call/ Skype/ phone call, or by chatting it through with any members of your family who are with you in your home.
- What stood out for you from today’s teaching?
- What surprised you?
- What questions do you still have?
- What is God saying to you?
- Write down one practical way you could live differently from what you’ve heard.
- Share this with a friend/family member/accountability partner.
To conclude this time, spend some time in prayer. If you are doing this with members of family then do this together if possible.
Begin with a few minutes in silence, listening for what God might have to say to you or to your Community in this moment, then share what came to mind. After a few minutes of listening and sharing, spend time praying for:
- Eradication of COVID-19 and healing for those who are sick.
- Followers of Jesus to be a presence of peace and love in our town.
- Financial provision for our church and for God’s mission in Widnes.
- Any needs in your family/Connect Group/neighbourhood.
- This week is traditionally Mothering Sunday. Take a moment to thank God for those who have had a positive nurturing impact upon your life, whether family members or friends.