Although we can’t be together this Sunday as one big family, we’re still connected by God’s love for us and our love for him and each other! Below is a suggested structure for you to spend time worshipping God and receiving from him today. Please don’t feel like you have to stick to 9:30am on a Sunday – find a time that will work for you and your family without other distractions.
There are lots of ways you can do this. Here are some options:
- You could sing some worship songs (if with family, be brave and have a go!) There are some songs below you could try this week.
- Find a comfortable position (lying/standing/sitting) and in the silence, reflect on how great God is.
- If you have a Bible or Bible app, you could pick a few psalms of praise to read out aloud. A few to get you started could be: Psalm 8, 23, 65, 111, 100, 121, 146, 150.
- If you love to use your hands, then make something, draw a picture, or write out something that show God how much you love him.
- If you have a garden or can get out at all today, take a walk and thank God for his creation.
This is a playlist of songs, they will automatically play after each other.
SB1 – Be Still, for the presence of the Lord & SB20 – Father We Love You
You can also listen on Spotify here.
Watch this week’s talk and then answer these the questions below.
Suggestion: You could do this by setting up a WhatsApp video call/ Skype/ phone call, or by chatting it through with any members of your family who are with you in your home.
- What stood out for you from today’s teaching?
- What surprised you?
- What questions do you still have?
- What is God saying to you?
- Write down one practical way you could live differently from what you’ve heard.
- Share this with a friend/family member/accountability partner.
To conclude this time, spend some time in prayer. If you are doing this with members of family then do this together if possible.
Begin with a few minutes in silence, listening for what God might have to say to you or to your Community in this moment, then share what came to mind. After a few minutes of listening and sharing, spend time praying for:
- Eradication of COVID-19 and healing for those who are sick.
- Followers of Jesus to be a presence of peace and love in our town.
- Financial provision for our church and for God’s mission in Widnes.
- Any needs in your family/Connect Group/neighbourhood.
- This week is traditionally Mothering Sunday. Take a moment to thank God for those who have had a positive nurturing impact upon your life, whether family members or friends.