Happy Easter Church! Jesus is Risen!
Although we can’t be together this Sunday as one big family, we’re still connected by God’s love for us and our love for him and each other! Below is a suggested structure for you to spend time worshipping God and receiving from him today. Please don’t feel like you have to stick to 11am on a Sunday – find a time that will work for you and your family without other distractions.
If you have kids, feel free to swap around or miss out certain parts from other sections. E.g. You might want to do whole family worship with your kids from the ‘Kids’ section and watch the Teaching talk at another time when the kids have gone to bed etc.
As we gather for worship on this most special of days, find a comfortable position, either sitting or standing.
Let’s read this Psalm out loud. It points forward to the rejected stone (Jesus), who becomes the foundation of God’s rescue plan for the world through his death and rising again!
22 The stone that the builders rejected
has now become the cornerstone.
23 This is the LORD’s doing,
and it is wonderful to see.
24 This is the day the LORD has made.
We will rejoice and be glad in it.
25 Please, LORD, please save us.
Please, LORD, please give us success.
26 Bless the one who comes in the name of the LORD.
We bless you from the house of the LORD.
27 The LORD is God, shining upon us.
Take the sacrifice and bind it with cords on the altar.
28 You are my God, and I will praise you!
You are my God, and I will exalt you!
29 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good!
His faithful love endures forever.
Let’s worship the risen Jesus together through singing (go on be brave!) or listening to these songs below!
This is a playlist of songs, they will automatically play after each other.
Up & Alive, This I Believe (The Creed), One Thing Remains
You can also listen on Spotify here.
Watch this week’s talk below.
Watch this week’s talk and then reflect on these questions.
Suggestion: For the discussion parts of this, you could do this by setting up a WhatsApp video call/ Skype/ phone call, or by chatting it through with any members of your family who are with you in your home.
- What particularly stood out to you from today’s message?
- What do you think God might be saying to you today?
- What do you think he might be inviting you to do about it?
- Who could you tell, share this with this week to help you do what God says?
To conclude this time, spend some time in prayer for our wider community. If you are doing this with members of family then do this together if possible.
Begin with a few minutes in silence, listening for what God might have to say to you or to your Community in this moment, then share what came to mind. After a few minutes of listening and sharing, spend time praying for:
- Eradication of COVID-19 and healing for those who are sick.
- Followers of Jesus to be a presence of peace and love in our town.
- Financial provision for our church and for God’s mission in Widnes.
- Any needs in your family/Connect Group/neighbourhood.
- For those who are battling mental health issues, such as anxiety and finding this heightened at the moment.
- Those we would love to encounter and follow the risen Jesus.