Although we can’t be together this Sunday as one big family, we’re still connected by God’s love for us and our love for him and each other! Below is a suggested structure for you to spend time worshipping God and receiving from him today. Please don’t feel like you have to stick to 11am on a Sunday – find a time that will work for you and your family without other distractions.
If you have kids, feel free to swap around or miss out certain parts from other sections. E.g. You might want to do whole family worship with your kids from the ‘Kids’ section and watch the Teaching talk at another time when the kids have gone to bed etc.
As we gather for worship find a comfortable position, either sitting or standing.
Let’s read this Bible passage out loud:
1 Peter 1:3-9 New Living Translation (NLT)
All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is by his great mercy that we have been born again, because God raised Jesus Christ from the dead. Now we live with great expectation, and we have a priceless inheritance—an inheritance that is kept in heaven for you, pure and undefiled, beyond the reach of change and decay. And through your faith, God is protecting you by his power until you receive this salvation, which is ready to be revealed on the last day for all to see.
So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you must endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honour on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.
You love him even though you have never seen him. Though you do not see him now, you trust him; and you rejoice with a glorious, inexpressible joy. The reward for trusting him will be the salvation of your souls.
Let’s worship the risen Jesus together through singing (go on be brave!) or listening to these songs below!
This is a playlist of songs, they will automatically play after each other.
Spirit & Truth, O Praise The Name & Reckless Love
You can also listen on Spotify here.
Watch this week’s talk below.
Watch this week’s talk and reflect on these following questions.
Suggestion: For the discussion parts of this, you could do this by setting up a WhatsApp video call/ Skype/ phone call, or by chatting it through with any members of your family who are with you in your home.
- What particularly stood out to you from today’s message?
- What do you think God might be saying to you today?
- What do you think he might be inviting you to do about it?
- Who could you tell, share this with this week to help you do what God says?
To conclude this time, spend some time in prayer for our wider community. If you are doing this with members of family then do this together if possible.
Begin with a few minutes in silence, listening for what God might have to say to you or to your Community in this moment, then share what came to mind. After a few minutes of listening and sharing, spend time praying for:
- Eradication of COVID-19 and healing for those who are sick.
- Followers of Jesus to be a presence of peace and love in our town.
- Financial provision for our church and for God’s mission in Widnes.
- Any needs in your family/Connect Group/neighbourhood.
- Prayer for those who are particularly isolated and vulnerable at this time.
- For those who are battling mental health issues, such as anxiety and finding this heightened at the moment.
- Prayer for those by name that we would love to encounter and follow the risen Jesus.