Although we can’t be together this Sunday as one big family, we’re still connected by God’s love for us and our love for him and each other! Below is a suggested structure for you to spend time worshipping God and receiving from him today. Please don’t feel like you have to stick to 11am on a Sunday – find a time that will work for you and your family without other distractions.
If you have kids, feel free to swap around or miss out certain parts from other sections. E.g. You might want to do whole family worship with your kids from the ‘Kids’ section and watch the Teaching talk at another time when the kids have gone to bed etc.
Prepare to engage God
As we gather for worship, find a comfortable position, either sitting or standing.
If you find it helpful, close your eyes and place your hands out as if you are receiving a ‘gift’. Stay there in the stillness for a moment. Breath in deeply. Ask God to fill you with his love, and as you breathe out, handing God all the other distractions that might get the way of you encountering his presence.
Let’s read this Psalm out loud. However we might be feeling today, reading out God’s Word to us can have a deep and powerful effect on us for the better, as we’re speaking God’s truth over those dreams, hurts, lies, worries that we may be feeling today. Let’s make the psalmist’s (Song-writer’s) words our own today!
The Message (MSG)
God, my shepherd!
I don’t need a thing.
You have bedded me down in lush meadows,
you find me quiet pools to drink from.
True to your word,
you let me catch my breath
and send me in the right direction.
Even when the way goes through
I’m not afraid
when you walk at my side.
Your trusty shepherd’s crook
makes me feel secure.
You serve me a six-course dinner
right in front of my enemies.
You revive my drooping head;
my cup brims with blessing.
Your beauty and love chase after me
every day of my life.
I’m back home in the house of God
for the rest of my life
Let’s worship him together through singing (go on be brave!) or listening to these songs below!
This is a playlist of songs, they will automatically play after each other.
Worship Intro, This Is Amazing Grace, Spirit & Truth, King Of Kings & Worship Outro
You can also listen on Spotify here.
Watch this week’s talk below.
Watch this week’s talk and reflect on these following questions.
Suggestion: For the discussion parts of this, you could do this by setting up a WhatsApp video call/ Skype/ phone call, or by chatting it through with any members of your family who are with you in your home.
- What most struck you from today’s teaching?
- What questions do you still have?
- What’s one thing (big or small) that you think God might be saying to you?
- Who could you tell this to so they can pray and discuss it with you?
- What do you think you could do about what God is saying?
- Are there other ways this week you think you could Live Easter Now? Write down at least one and have a go at doing it!
To conclude this time, spend some time in prayer for our wider community. If you are doing this with members of family then do this together if possible.
Begin with a few minutes in silence, listening for what God might have to say to you or to your Community in this moment, then share what came to mind. After a few minutes of listening and sharing, spend time praying for:
- Eradication of COVID-19 and healing for those who are sick.
- Followers of Jesus to continue to Live Easter Now in their own sphere of influence and responsibility.
- Financial provision for our church and for God’s mission in Widnes.
- Any needs in your family/Connect Group/neighbourhood.
- Prayer for those who are particularly isolated and vulnerable at this time.
- For those who are battling mental health issues, such as anxiety and finding this heightened at the moment.
- Anyone you know who you would love to meet the risen Jesus for the first time.