Hi Church and a continued Happy Easter to you all!
Although we can’t be together this Sunday as one big family, we’re still connected by God’s love for us and our love for him and each other! Below is an online pattern for you to worship God, we hope it helps you to engage with his presence today and throughout the rest of the week.
Prepare to engage God
As we gather for worship, find a comfortable position, either sitting or standing.
If you find it helpful, close your eyes and place your hands out as if you are receiving a ‘gift’. Stay there in the stillness for a moment. Breath in deeply. Ask God to fill you with his love, and as you breathe out, handing God all the other distractions that might get the way of you encountering his presence.
Let’s read this Psalm out loud. However we might be feeling today, reading out God’s Word to us can have a deep and powerful effect on us for the better, as we’re speaking God’s truth over those dreams, hurts, lies, worries that we may be feeling today. Let’s make the psalmist’s (Song-writer’s) words our own today!
The Message (MSG)
It’s a good thing to sing praise to our God;
praise is beautiful, praise is fitting.
2-6 GOD’s the one who rebuilds Jerusalem,
who regathers Israel’s scattered exiles.
He heals the heartbroken
and bandages their wounds.
He counts the stars
and assigns each a name.
Our Lord is great, with limitless strength;
we’ll never comprehend what he knows and does.
GOD puts the fallen on their feet again
and pushes the wicked into the ditch.
7-11 Sing to GOD a thanksgiving hymn,
play music on your instruments to God,
Who fills the sky with clouds,
preparing rain for the earth,
Then turning the mountains green with grass,
feeding both cattle and crows.
He’s not impressed with horsepower;
the size of our muscles means little to him.
Those who fear GOD get GOD’s attention;
they can depend on his strength.
This is a playlist, the videos will automatically play after each other.
Worship Intro, 10,000 Reasons, This I Believe (The Breed) & Do It Again
You can also listen on Spotify here.
Watch this week’s talk below.
Watch this week’s talk and then engage in these questions below.
Suggestion: For the discussion parts of this, you could do this by setting up a WhatsApp video call/ Skype/ phone call, or by chatting it through with any members of your family who are with you in your home.
- What most struck you from today’s teaching?
- What questions do you still have?
- What’s one thing (big or small) that you think God might be saying to you?
- Who could you tell this to so they can pray and discuss it with you?
- What do you think you could do about what God is saying?
- Are there other ways this week you think you could Live Easter Now? Write down at least one and have a go at doing it!
To conclude this time, spend some time in prayer for our wider community. If you are doing this with members of family then do this together if possible.
Begin with a few minutes in silence, listening for what God might have to say to you or to your Community in this moment, then share what came to mind. After a few minutes of listening and sharing, spend time praying for:
- Eradication of COVID-19 and healing for those who are sick.
- Followers of Jesus to continue to Live Easter Now in their own sphere of influence and responsibility.
- Financial provision for our church and for God’s mission in Widnes.
- Any needs in your family/Connect Group/neighbourhood.
- Prayer for those who are particularly isolated and vulnerable at this time.
- For those who are battling mental health issues, such as anxiety and finding this heightened at the moment.
- Anyone you know who you would love to meet the risen Jesus for the first time.