Hi Church and a continued Happy Easter to you all!
Although we can’t be together this Sunday as one big family, we’re still connected by God’s love for us and our love for him and each other! Below is an online pattern for you to worship God, we hope it helps you to engage with his presence today and throughout the rest of the week.
We want to make it as easy as possible for you to be a part of Thy Kingdom Come, to do that we want to make some of the Thy Kingdom Come resources available to you for free.
To find out more and to request your resources click the link below.
Prepare to engage God
As we gather for worship, find a comfortable position, either sitting or standing.
If you find it helpful, close your eyes and place your hands out as if you are receiving a ‘gift’. Stay there in the stillness for a moment. Breath in deeply. Ask God to fill you with his love, and as you breathe out, handing God all the other distractions that might get the way of you encountering his presence.
Let’s read this Psalm out loud. However we might be feeling today, reading out God’s Word to us can have a deep and powerful effect on us for the better, as we’re speaking God’s truth over those dreams, hurts, lies, worries that we may be feeling today. Let’s make the psalmist’s (Song-writer’s) words our own today!
New Living Translation (NLT)
5 Your unfailing love, O Lord, is as vast as the heavens;
your faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds.
6 Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains,
your justice like the ocean depths.
You care for people and animals alike, O Lord.
7 How precious is your unfailing love, O God!
All humanity finds shelter
in the shadow of your wings.
8 You feed them from the abundance of your own house,
letting them drink from your river of delights.
9 For you are the fountain of life,
the light by which we see.
10 Pour out your unfailing love on those who love you;
give justice to those with honest hearts
This is a playlist, each videos will automatically play after the last one.
Worship Intro, Here For You (Matt Redman), Spirit and Truth (Chris Sayburn) & All Hail King Jesus (Bethel Music)
You can also listen on Spotify here.
Watch this week’s talk below.
Firstly, if you have become a follower of Jesus for the first time, we’d love to know and support you on your new journey! Please drop us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org or find us on social media.
Suggestion: For the discussion parts of this, you could do this by setting up a WhatsApp video call/ Skype/ phone call, or by chatting it through with any members of your family who are with you in your home.
- What is the ‘dressing gown’ (the thing you have used to comfort yourself) that you think you might have relied on instead of God (can be big or small)?
- Why do you think it has had so much power over your life?
- What do you think about Jesus words that he won’t ever abandon you? Has this been easy or difficult to believe over the years? Why is this?
- What did you think about the picture of God coming to set up home ‘in you’? Is that a helpful image or not? Why?
- What is one specific thing that you feel God is saying to you through this time? What would you like to do about it? Who could you tell to support you in this?
- Would you like space for your friends/family/church team to pray this through with you? If so, we would encourage you to ask them now or get in contact this week.
To conclude this time, spend some time in prayer for our wider community. If you are doing this with members of family then do this together if possible.
Begin with a few minutes in silence, listening for what God might have to say to you or to your Community in this moment, then share what came to mind. After a few minutes of listening and sharing, spend time praying for:
- Prayer for those who are particularly isolated and vulnerable at this time.
- For those who are battling mental health issues, such as anxiety and finding this heightened at the moment.
- Anyone you know who is caught up in cycles of addiction and needs freedom.
- Anyone you know who you would love to meet the risen Jesus for the first time.
- Eradication of COVID-19 and healing for those who are sick.
- Followers of Jesus to continue to Live Easter Now in their own sphere of influence and responsibility.
- Financial provision for our church and for God’s mission in Widnes.
- Any needs in your family/Connect Group/neighbourhood.